Think you know America’s Finest City? Think again.
1) San Diego is the 8th largest city in the U.S. and the second largest city in California.
2) It is illegal to shoot jackrabbits from the back of a streetcar in San Diego. (That’s actually on the books.)
3) According to Forbes Magazine, San Diego is the 9th safest city in the country.
4) Average yearly temperature: 70 degrees.
5) Miles of beaches: 70.
6) Number one employer: United States Navy.
7) Rated the 3rd best city in the country for dating.
8) You can be fined up to $250 for leaving Christmas lights on past February 2nd.
9) Home to the world’s oldest seaworthy sailing ship, The Star of India.
10) Largest city in the United States that has not hosted a Super Bowl.
If you want to learn even more about San Diego, take a food tour with Bite San Diego!