Some tasty little tid bits about Old Town!
- The history of San Diego dates back to 9,000 years ago when the Kumeyaay inhabited the region.
- Old Town was establish in 1769 as the first Spanish settlement in California.
- The first of what was to be 21 missions was established in Old Town by Father Junipero Serra.
- In 1835, Old Town received the official status as El Pueblo de San Diego.
- El Campo Cemetery is the final resting place for over 500 early San Diegan’s.
- Some of the graves in El Campo Cemetery actually lie under San Diego Avenue and Linwood Street.
Enjoy fun facts and delicious food on our tour of Old Town!